What to pack for camp
Everything you need for camp!
Please ensure you bring everything you need for your time at IMC.
- Underwear & Socks
- T-shirts / Jerseys
- Sweaters / Sweatshirts
- Bathing Suit
- Running Shoes
- Rubber Boots (for wet weather)
- Plastic Bag for laundry
- Sleeping Bag
- Extra Blanket
- Brush and/or Comb
- Toothbrush & Toothpaste
- Soap in a container
- Insect Repellant
- Small Mirror
- Writing Paper
- Pen / Pencil
- Stamped Envelopes
We suggest that all articles being brought to camp be labelled with your name for easy identification.
*** PLEASE NOTE: There are no laundry facilities available to campers. ***
ALSO NOTE THAT: No clothing irons, curling irons, or electric blankets are permitted in the camp, as they are a fire hazard. There are payphones available for camper use.
- Before leaving for camp please check your equipment list carefully
- Any costly equipment such as cameras and laptops, including musical instruments, are all brought to camp at the camper's own risk. We suggest that you arrange for insurance coverage on these items under your household "floater" policy.
- We encourage campers to leave their cell phones at home.
- Please make sure that your baggage, instrument, and music stand are all tagged and easily identifiable.
- If you are attending the Band & Orchestra program and have a favourite chamber work that you would like to perform in the Chamber Music Sessions, please bring it along. (Chamber Music is an optional activity)
- Audition at camp - Please come prepared to play a piece of your choice that is representative of your playing ability. You will play for the faculty first thing at camp in order to determine your ensemble placement.
- Health Information - It is imperative that the online health form for your camper be completed before camp begins. It can be found by logging into your registration account. It is important that IMC is aware of all camper health issues.The Health Centre is open daily after breakfast and dinner for campers requiring medical attention. NOTE: a qualified nurse will be available at all times in case of emergency.
- A swim test must be completed by all campers wishing to use the waterfront facilities, including canoeing, sailing, windsurfing, and water skiing.
- Smoking is forbidden at camp.
- Camper curfew and "Lights Out" must be respected by everyone!
- The Tuck Shop is open during afternoon free time and nightly following the evening concert for the campers. Campers may purchase snack foods and drinks.
- Camp Manitou is a nut free facility. DO NOT bring any snacks containing nuts into camp or on the bus.
- General behaviour of campers and staff is expected to be in keeping with the ideals of this special experience. Failure to observe camp regulations relating to health, safety, and welfare of the Camp community exposes the offender to immediate dismissal without fee refund.