will meet on a daily basis to develop essentials of jazz performance in both large and small ensemble settings.Tuning, balance, blend, articulation and fundamental concepts in all jazz styles will be discussed, in addition to jazz improvisation.
are held daily. In addition to classes, and at discretion of the Faculty Member involved, individual instruction may be arranged.
featuring performances by the jazz faculty. "After Hours Sessions" each evening provide an opportunity for the campers to perform for their peers.
In ONE week, aspiring jazz vocalists have a unique opportunity to work with Sophia on developing their individual solo voices and musicianship skills through solo singing and ensemble performances in a fun and safe environment!
In masterclass, participants will learn and develop their knowledge of selected standard jazz repertoire and learn jazz concepts through various vocal and improvisational techniques.
Daily listening to some of the legendary vocal figures in jazz as well as some of the newer singers on the scene will be incorporated into each class.
Solo coaching will help prepare singers for their final performance.
Vocal Schedule includes:
- Daily Vocal Master class – vocal technique, jazz concepts, mic technique, improvisation
- Daily listening session – how and what to listen to for inspiration
- Daily Combo session – singing in a small ensemble setting
- Big Band – singing and rehearsing with a big band
- Private lessons, one-on-one coaching of solo songs and vocal jazz repertoire
- Evening faculty & Student Performances
- Free time
A Typical Day
Campers may take advantage of the sports and recreation facilities which include a complete waterfront of sailing, swimming, water-skiing and canoeing, as well as as well as yoga, beach volleyball, tennis, basketball and more. Evening programs will include campfires, a talent show, movie night, and other traditional camp activities.
- Wake up and get ready for a GREAT day!
- Vocal Workshop
- Jazz Keyboard
- Jazz Materials
- Large Ensemble / Rhythm Section Workshop
- Director's Session / Faculty Presentation
- Jazz Combo / Improv Workshops
- Free Time
- Bleacher Meeting
- Evening Concert
- Jam Sessions and Evening Program (campfire, corn roast, talent show, movie night, etc)