will meet on a daily basis to develop essentials of jazz performance in both large and small ensemble settings.Tuning, balance, blend, articulation and fundamental concepts in all jazz styles will be discussed, in addition to jazz improvisation.
are held daily. In addition to classes, and at discretion of the Faculty Member involved, individual instruction may be arranged.
featuring performances by the jazz faculty. "After Hours Sessions" each evening provide an opportunity for the campers to perform for their peers.
A Typical Day
Campers may take advantage of the sports and recreation facilities which include a complete waterfront of sailing, swimming, water-skiing and canoeing, as well as as well as yoga, beach volleyball, tennis, basketball and more. Evening programs will include campfires, a talent show, movie night, and other traditional camp activities.
- Wake up and get ready for a GREAT day!
- Vocal Workshop
- Jazz Keyboard
- Jazz Materials
- Large Ensemble / Rhythm Section Workshop
- Director's Session / Faculty Presentation
- Jazz Combo / Improv Workshops
- Free Time
- Bleacher Meeting
- Evening Concert
- Jam Sessions and Evening Program (campfire, corn roast, talent show, movie night, etc)