Join Our Team
Join the IMC Team
Be part of something great and apply to be an IMC faculty assistant or mentor.
IMC Band & Orchestra Camp
The Faculty Assistants at IMC Band and Orchestra Camp are an integral component of the music program. Their responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting Faculty members in sectionals;
- Assisting conductors throughout rehearsals and rehearsing and performing with major ensembles if required;
- Supervising campers during evening faculty concerts;
- Coaching a chamber music ensemble;
- Preparing concert venue for performances.
Our mentors wear many hats at IMC - they are cabin counselors living in the cabins with our campers, run after dinner sports and assist with the evening programs.
Mentors are also welcome to sit in on classes and rehearsals, observing the faculty and their teaching and conducting methods.
Mentors must be at least 18 years old, responsible, and enthusiastic. They are extraordinary University, College or Grade 12 students who love young people, music and camp. Candidates must exhibit strong inter-personal skills and be comfortable assuming leadership roles. Musical experience is not essential but an asset.