This summer music camp offers a challenging instrumental and musical experience geared to the needs of young string musicians from grades 5 through 12 and young brass, wind, and percussion students from grades 7 through 12.
The program is designed to accommodate players ranging from the most talented and proficient, that play in our "symphonic" ensembles, to the less experienced players who join the "concert" ensembles. IMC is proud to announce the return of our String Orchestra, established to meet the needs of emerging young string players. Auditions will be held to determine which of these large ensembles they will be joining.
- Campers must bring their own music stand
- Percussionists must bring their own sticks and mallets
- Trumpet/Trombone players must bring a straight mute
It is always exciting for parents to see their camper perform and we are so proud of what they have accomplished at IMC!
Performances for IMC Band, Orchestra & Choir
The last day of camp (Sunday) is our annual TEA and SYMPHONY and SILENT AUCTION. The concert begins at 1:00 pm in the Hangar with all the campers singing in the IMC MASS CHOIR. You will be thrilled to experience the results of their time at camp! Make sure you come early before the concert to check out the great items in our annual silent auction!
Musical Theatre Performance - At 1:00pm, on the last day of camp (Sunday) at 1:00 pm the curtain goes up in the theatre for the Junior and Senior Musical Theatre performances.
***The concert is followed by a light meal in the dining hall while the silent auction winds up.***
Please note staff will meet your cars when you arrive for the concert and request a $10.00 donation per car for our scholarship fund. These funds assist several campers come to camp that would not otherwise be able to attend.
- Campers are assigned to cabins with other campers of similar age and program.
- If you and your friend(s) want to be in the same cabin, just send us an email email@example.com with your names and we will do our best to accommodate you. Please note, you will not receive a reply to your email regarding cabin requests.
A Typical Day
Campers may take advantage of the sports and recreation facilities which include a complete waterfront of sailing, swimming, water-skiing and canoeing, as well as as well as yoga, beach volleyball, tennis, basketball and more. Evening programs will include campfires, a talent show, movie night, and other traditional camp activities.
- Wake up and get ready for a GREAT day!
- Full Rehearsals for Band / Orchestra
- Choral Workshop
- Chamber Music Rehearsal
- Masterclass / Sectional
- Waterfront / Free Time Activities
- Bleacher Meeting
- Faculty Concert
- Evening Program (campfire, corn roast, talent show, movie night, etc)